Thursday, May 10, 2007

IIIII am writing a lot of papers right now....

"People think that their thinking is what helps them. Thinking is like any other tool. The right amount of it at the right time is useful, but too much is destructive and polluting" - David Cameron Gikandi

"Become aware of your self-talk and stop it. Look around. See the world as it is, without commentary and judgement. Don't think. Wait. At the right time your spirit will give you the appropriate thought." - D.C. Gikandi

I've been working pretty hard lately. Working hard but playing hard. Ok, working too hard - thinking too much. Is it possible to try too hard... hmm no I don't believe so, good hard work is a vibrant tool to life. But we can try to control too much. We can be inpatient. We can become too focused and too immersed in a particular challenge or life issue. We can stress it and ourselves to such a point that we choke off any flow of life, of creative brilliance, of joy.

But I'm learning. I'm starting to feel a welcome shift in my psyche that when I'm enjoying my 'work' (for instance right now) its the best work I can be doing (oh WHAT a revelation). Yes, for me it is quite a revelation; it's one thing to say you understand that previous sentence and to actually personify it's intended meaning and feeling. Quite a departure from my old self who had somehow gotten the idea (as I realize in retrospect) that 'real work' can't be enjoyable... so wrong.

That meditation class I started, I'm only two classes in and already I'm not feeling quite so 'jackass-ish'. Crazy awesome feelings after I'm done with it; that class along with advise from books, mentors, and other intuitive messages I've gotten from my surroundings have all been saying the same thing: Relax and chill the freak out (Remember Rule Number 6?). I'm a laid back guy, but I've gotten into this mindframe where I feel like I always need to be doing something. That's changing and it feels pretty dern good.

I FINALLY GOT A PHONE AGAIN. I enjoyed not having one because it allowed me to get lost in my own little world for pretty much a solid month... I'm actually not too sure what to think about my missing a phone so much... hmm. Whatever. I can call people now. Yippee.

People here are great. Classes here are awesome. It's taken a bit but I'm finally getting to know some Aussies through group work and what not. It's been really surprising to me how many Americans are here. Cool though.

Hmm. I'm going to the Blue Mountains again this weekend with a bunch of study abroad people... really pumped because I haven't been outside of the city since spring break. I'd really like to get out a bit more, so I'm gonna have to see how this whole cash flow thing works out. There are officially 3 more weeks of classes left. That is simply shocking. I don't intend to countdown, I'm not a countdown type of guy, never have, and I thought I never would, but GEEEZE I'm just having a hard time getting a grip on that idea of leaving. I'm still here though. That's three weeks I get to rock out with friends here, and about a month or so more that I get to really be crazy on my own. I'm one blessed dude.

Yep. I'm feeling pretty linguistically enabled right now. Kidding. No more shitty computer technology crap for me. It's time to go outside to play.

Ten - four, over and out.

Oh yeah. My Environmental Philosophy class - ROCKS MY FRIGGEN WORLD. Good talk people.

No comments: