Monday, March 19, 2007

I may have just realized a new theme

I feel good right now. I feel damn good. I feel great. I've got a ton of energy. I wasn't going to hop right onto the internet to type away on my blog, but I felt inspired to because too often I let these sorts of feelings pass by without actually stopping to contemplate and and on some level SHARE where I'm at in life.

One of the prevailing themes so far during my travels is this: You never know when, but there are certain occasions when we meet one person, or have some small conversation, or partake in some new experience, that can completely send your world in a different direction. Maybe you meet your future wife, or soon to be multi-millionaire business partner, or simply a friend for life. Maybe you are graced with some new brilliant idea. Who really knows what can happen? One thing I do know for sure, is that the more you put yourself out there, the more you go past your comfort zone - even in super small ways - you bring yourself more into alignment with the excitment that is life, and the more you attract great things to you. With a little patience you gain a better understanding of the cyclical nature to our days and weeks, the ebb and flow, and you gain a supreme gratitude for the unique being you really are.

I just got out of what I feel to be. Wow, and what a revelation, stay with me here I'm thinking as I type (or is it typing as I think? Or the chicken before the egg, or...?) I just got out of a ten minute meeting which I think just changed my life. Of course it didn't really "change" it because it's a path I've been on, but hot damn! I just talked with one of my professors here and it finally happened. I got a 'lead', I got some more direction, I have finally recieved some guidance to pursue the areas I'm REALLY interested in. Ok let's be honest. I've gotten alot of guidance before. We all have. From our parents, friends, family, God, the Universe, its all the same. Thing is sometimes this guidance screams at you and sometimes you've just got to trust your gut, sometimes you've just got to deal with the rain before you can appreciate the sunshine.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this ten minute experience that I just got out of, but I don't care. I can't NOT read too much into it. I wasn't going to go, had no strong aspirations to do it, didn't really seem like a great use of my time, but I scheduled the meeting, and I've learned that diligence and integrity can open up some pretty amazing doors. I haven't done any further research on the things we talked about because... well because I'm on here, but the point right now isn't about what's next, it's about me finally getting some affirmation from the world that I really truely wooly (as my philosophy professor would say) am pursuing one of my many passions.

The past few days I had been in one of those moods. One of those "I'm grateful I'm in Australia and having a great time but maybe I'm not really 'doing it' in the right way" kinda moods. Problem was I had started to compare my own self to everyone and everything around me. I'm usually really good at just living my own life for the happiness that I find, but every so often we slip. I started wondering if I should be out partying more, if all of this work and self - inquiry, as rewarding as it has been, was really worth it - why bother spending time on creating the life I want? No one else seems to be doing it. But that's why what I'm doing is working. Because no one else is doing it. And I'm not making judgements about how anyone else lives their life, more power to them for the decisions they make. I just needed take a second and remind myself that I'm a freakin superhero, and I'm 'doing EVERYTHING right'.

People just don't do that enough. You should try it sometime, give yourself a little credit. It feels pretty darn good (and if it doesn't right away keep practicing and you'll have that 'winning feeling' in no time...)

Cheers to you and MacBeth, which I'm going to see at the Opera House tonight. Rockin.

1 comment:

Patrick Bannan said...

Nono, cheers to YOU, boy. And cheers to this blog. I'm probably taking more away from this than most - but yowzer - I really dig you digging stuff then sharing about how much you dug. Dig?

PatMan!