Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I saw the biggest photo of a Rhino yesterday...

Wowie. What a crazily wonderful and exciting past couple of weeks. I've got some great inspiration for some... things I'm working on. My buddy Kyle is here from AuGres. That's a long friggen ways away from home to be adventuring around and to say the least it's pretty cool. He eats a lot, but he's been a well-behaved buddy, almost like a pet Pug or something, makes me chuckle. OR A PET SHITZU! Ga ha!... I hope he reads this sometime. Funny guy. Not to mention the fact that he's been the entire reason I've even SURVIVED and have been able to EAT for the past week and a half, but more on that later.

Went to the Blue Mountains this past weekend and it was ROCKIN sweet. We did a Grand Canyon walk which was wicked awesome, and my feet are paying for it but oh so totally worth it. We went camping; I found a 12-dollar sleeping bag and 25-dollar tent that are like little pieces of heaven rolled up on my 500-pound backpack... I still haven't learned how to pack for a few days. We spent the whole day (literally from 9 am till past dark) lugging all of our food and camping shtuff around because we didn't have a CLUE (or money) as to where we were staying. But we made the most of it... mostly by eating spaghetti and baked beans from a can. Classy. And then we found our friends and had a morning view from the top of a cliff. Wonderful. I should really work on learning how to put pictures up here.

Also came across the coolest little hostel while there. I'll likely bring Pooty, or as some people know him as, PatMan, there when he comes to visit. I'm a pretty lucky dude I've got to admit. I'm on the other side of the world but I don't feel lonely at all because of the people that are coming to visit and the friends that are keeping in touch. So blessed. I met some random girl from Grand Valley whilst in Wexford Falls on the edge of a treacherous cliff this weekend as well. That's always a pleasant time to meet someone from home.

Yeah so this weekend Kyle and I are going to spend a week up north in Cairns exploring the rainforest and swimming among the Great Barrier Reef. And just getting rowdy in general. As a side note I'm amazed at the stigma Americans have for partying here. I say I'm going on spring break next week and people get all mystified about the "American Spring Break” I’ve also been grilled about whether our parties are really always like those frat parties we see on movie. I had to be honest and tell them the ones I go to always are (for obvious reasons). To be truthful, I don't think it's really a flattering thing that our party habits are viewed that way. Even though I'm sure - WHOA. I just realized I'm culturally identifying with a group of people. That's never really happened - to my knowledge before. On all of those psychology questionnaires I'm generally completely clueless when it comes to what those sorts of questions mean... hmm. Ok that was weird and I'm gonna go read another book (I'm on my fourth one in over a month and its a GOODIE).

Oh, another note that I challenge any takers to give a go at is setting 30-day goals to form new habits. You see it has to do with this study done at NASA, but never mind that. Give it a try; I'm enjoying the process quite a lot.

No comments: